Before Studio Kanti, co-founder Ashley McKay served her community as a nurse, supporting elders with healthy aging, quality of life, and end of life care. She became a nurse to serve and connect with her patients, but the reality of the career left little time for the bedside nursing and the human connection that she valued.
After some soul searching that included travelling and a yoga teacher training, Ashley knew that she needed a creative outlet where she could still care for others while nurturing her passions for beauty, fashion, and entrepreneurship. Today, Ashley is the proud co-owner of Studio Kanti, and an internationally trained cosmetic tattoo artist. When her client’s ask if she misses nursing, she jokes that she’s still doing bedside care, but that it’s just a different kind.
With a keen eye for facial proportions and a real appreciation for classic beauty, Ashley works with you to enhance your features in the most natural way. Ashley specializes in cosmetic tattooing for the creation of hyper-realistic eyebrows, soft lip blush, and lash-line enhancement. Ashley has always believed in the power of a makeover, no matter how subtle, to make us feel more confident and to some degree, change our outlook for the positive.
- Microblading Training 2016 San Diego, California with Deluxe Brows.
- Microblading Training late 2016 Tel Aviv, Israel with Phi Brows Academy
- Cosmetic tattoo machine training – Aquarelle Lips, Hair stroke brows, and powder brows 2017 Estonia, with Nataliya Yaremenko
- Eyelash Enhancement and Lip Shading 2018 Knightsbridge, U.K. with Tracie Giles Academy
- Smokey Lash Enhancement® Late 2018 San Diego, California with Will Anthony Permanent Cosmetics
- Certificate – Bloodborne Pathogens Training
2020 – Fluffy Brows technique with Studio Sashiko Online training